Sunday, November 1, 2009

World VEGAN Day !!!

Welcome, it's World Vegan Day, and I am going to tell you my story about going vegan. I hope it inspires you to do the same in your life.
The year was 1975, I was 16 years old and had just been diagnosed with a lump in my breast. After surgery and months of treatment I was released and deemed healthy once again, but was I really? I had always considered myself healthy and athletic. I ate mostly fresh home grown or wild fruit and vegetables, I never really liked meat, and my mother didn't either. My father, a totally different story, he ate mostly red meat, and lots of it. I consciously decided to become vegetarian when I was about 8 years old. I did eat dairy and cheese, but never any meat until the death of my father when I was 28. For some reason his sudden passing made me shift into eating meat. Maybe I wanted to try all the things most others ate, just to experience it, part of me wanted to still be close to him, so I started to eat like he had. This phase lasted about 2 years, and I was drawn back to my preferred vegetarian diet, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and dairy. For some reason giving up dairy was very difficult for me, and I figured it wasn't hurting the cows to give up their milk! Then after a beautiful trip to Hawaii in 1998, another breast tumor. This time I knew I would NOT go back to the allopathic doctors for help. They didn't fix it the first time, why would they be able to fix it this time? I began to search and study on my own. I made a pact to eat only ORGANIC and support myself as well as the planet and the future children. Just the change to vegan and organic gave me tons of energy and the drive to go even deeper into my own healing. A few months later I enrolled in college to get my doctorate in Naturopathy. One of the first classes I took had information that immediately put me on a green juice cleanse and then a colon cleanse. I was doing it to cure my tumor, but it turned out to cure my LIFE!! How's that for a big surprise? Within 3 months my tumor was gone, I had boundless energy, a positive attitude and my life really began to change into magnificent. I bought a beautiful home, attracted some wonderful and heart centered friends and for the first time in many years had my JOY back. This is what being a vegan can do for you. If you choose to go a step farther as I did, and eat only RAW, uncooked fruits, vegetables, nut and seeds, that is even better. ( I'll explain my theory on raw food another time ) . The main principles of health vs disease on the physical are in the choice of acid vs alkaline foods you consume. The more alkaline foods you consume, the more vibrant health you will enjoy. It's that simple. Sounds to good to be true? I challenge you to give it a try. You only need to commit to 1 week to FEEL the difference for yourself,( you'll probably lose 5 -10lbs too) it will TOTALLY change your life. OK ready? Now you say, I am ready, what do I eat? The foods that are alkaline are: all vegetables, with the black radish being the most alkaline, fruits are next in line. The higher the sugar content the more ACID they are. Nuts are acid, with the exception of almonds and hazelnuts, those are alkaline. Sticking to fruits like avocados, lemons, limes, and cucumbers and almonds or hazelnuts will give you the best results. If you can juice organic GREEN juice every day and only eat vegetables with the above fruits and nuts for 1 week, I guarantee you will be amazed at what you see and how you feel. The holidays are coming, give it a try NOW and be ready for those holiday parties.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment